Day 1 of the 7 Day Clean Eating Challenge. Monday’s Update
First things first, my beginning weight and measurements:
- 156.4 lbs
- Bust 40″
- Waist 33.5″
- Hips 39.5″
- Thighs 22.5″
- Upper Arms 12.5″
I actually enjoyed all of my food yesterday (Monday). I had the breakfast, snacks, and lunches that I prepped and planned out Sunday. (Click here to view meal plan or click here to view the meal prep for the week , as well as recipes.)
I am really hungry in between meals. Yesterday I could tell an immediate shift in my metabolism, which is what this plan is for. You first begin with a turbo start plan for 5 days, and the last two days you are allowed a bit more calories, but still have to eat clean. I am used to eating 1500 cals or more, but this plan is about 300 cals less. I wouldn’t say I feel starving, but I can just tell that by the time it is snack time or lunch time, I am actually really hungry and ready to eat!
Here was my schedule yesterday:
- 6:30 Breakfast – Waffles with Turkey Sausage
- 9:30 Snack #1 – Zucchini and Carrot Sticks with Cucumber Ranch
- 12:00 Lunch – Tuna Salad with Mixed Spring Greens
- 3:30 Snack #2 – Bell Peppers and Cucumbers with Cottage Cheese
- 7:30 Dinner – Baked Dijon Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
- 9:00 Exercise (using an Upper Body and Abs routine by Fitness Blender)
- 11:00 Bed Time!
Last nights dinner was so delicious. I was still feeling hungry after snack #2, as this 7 day challenge only allows 1200 calories, so I added a couscous and brown rice mix that I had from Aldi, and portioned out 1/2 cup.
The calories for the recipe at the end of this post were calculated without the couscous/brown rice.
Baked Dijon Chicken Thighs with Broccoli
- 6 Chicken Thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1/3 c Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, black
- 1 package (12 oz) Broccoli, frozen
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1. Heat large skillet with 1Tbsp Olive Oil over medium high heat
2. Place chicken skin-side down, and cook 5-10 mins, until skin is golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients, then set aside.
4. Pour a small amount of water in the skillet of chicken to unstick the chicken skin, flip, and cook another 5 mins.
5. Preheat oven to 350 deg F, then while the oven is heating, remove chicken from skillet, transfer to the dijon mixture bowl, flip and stir thighs until completely coated.
6. Place chicken thighs in an oven proof casserole dish, and bake for 30-35 mins, until chicken juices run clear, and the inside of the chicken is no longer pink.
7. When the chicken has 20 mins left, heat up enough water to cover broccoli in a medium sized pan.
8. When the chicken has about 8-10 mins left to cook, cook broccoli in the hot water until nice and heated through.
9. Remove chicken, put onto a plate and let rest for 5 mins.
10. Toss cooked broccoli with remaining Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and serve about 1/2 C with each chicken thigh.
- Calories 200.6
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 571.3 mg
- Potassium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.1 g
- Vitamin A 11.5 %
- Vitamin B- 122.9 %
- Vitamin B- 614.1 %
- Vitamin C 53.9 %
- Vitamin D 0.0 %
- Vitamin E 6.7 %
- Calcium 2.7 %
- Copper 3.3 %
- Folate 12.3 %
- Iron 6.4 %
- Magnesium 5.3 %
- Manganese 7.0 %
- Niacin 19.6 %
- Pantothenic Acid 7.8 %
- Phosphorus 13.2 %
- Riboflavin 11.0 %
- Selenium 16.5 %
- Thiamin 5.3 %
- Zinc 10.8 %